[CES 2013] With the recent official launch launch of Windows 8 we have seen our share of new PCs and laptops, however there are more to come at CES. HP is coming to the show with two new AMD-powered Sleekbook running Windows 8, the HP Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook (multi-touch version) and HP Pavilion Sleekbook (non-touch).
Both devices sport a 15.6-inch high-definition display (1366×768) in a thin, light and elegant body and runs an AMD Ultrathin A6-4455M Accelerated Processor (2.1GHz up to 2.6Ghz) with 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (max supported 8GB).
When a touch display is not available to operate the new Modern UI (aka Metro), Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures in the trackpads that are commonly featured on laptops. We got a great demo the Pavilion Sleekbook with this feature by Kevin Wentzel, Technical Marketing Manager at HP (see video below).
Other features include HP CoolSense, HP ProtectSmart and HP Connected and, on the connectivity side, the HP Pavilion Sleekbook offers two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port, one HDMI connector, one ethernet RJ-45 and one audio jack.
The HP Pavilion Sleekbook and the HP Pavilion Touchsmart Sleekbook will be available in the United States on January 13, 2013 with a starting price of $479.99 and $649.99, respectively.
Next Story: HP Envy 27-inch Monitor
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2013-01-07: HP Pocket Playlist Announced
- 2013-01-06: HP U160 15.6-inch LED Backlit Portable Monitor
- 2013-01-06: HP ProDisplay Series Means Business
- 2013-01-06: HP Pavilion 20xi to 27xi IPS LCD Monitors
- 2011-01-06: HP Pavilion dm1-3010nr notebook is 4G LTE-capable