[CES 2013] The long wait is over, after leaks and previous spy shots of the Huawei Ascend Mate hit the Internet, here we are with the official unveiling of this 6.1″ behemoth that will most probably be the most comfortable smartphone ever for Wreck-It Ralph. Unfortunately, we did spend some time with it and found it to be far too lightweight to be of the classy variety, and the overall plastic feel to the device does not exactly make this a premium smartphone. Still, the 4,050mAh battery should go some way in making sure it lasts the day, while the display itself is decent enough for its size.
Underneath the hood of the Huawei Ascend Mate lies a 1.5GHz Hi-Silicon quad-core processor and a 4050 mAh battery as mentioned. Huawei has included their proprietary Quick Power Control (QPC) and Automated Discontinuous Reception (ADRX) battery efficiency technology and fast sharing technology, to lend some credence to the truth, “bigger is better.”
It will run on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean platform, carry an 8.0-megapixel AF rear-facing camera with HDR and a 1.0-megapixel HD camera up in front. Huawei has also thrown in dual mic noise reduction technology, Dolby sound system and stereo recording to the mix. No idea on pricing, but you can check out the Huawei Ascend Mate when it hits China this February in crystal black and pure white colors.
Next Story: AT&T To Launch Home Monitoring Service In March
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2013-01-15: Hands on: Huawei Ascend Mate Review
- 2013-01-08: The Ascend W1 Is Huawei's First Windows Phone 8 Smartphone
- 2013-01-07: Huawei Ascend D2 Touted As Most Powerful Smartphone Currently Available
- 2013-01-07: Huawei Press Conference Live
- 2013-01-01: Huawei W1 And Ascend Mate Official Images Leaked