Just after the dust at CES 2013 has settled, there is yet another event that we will have to gear up for – Mobile World Congress that is happening in Barcelona, Spain, where Huawei is said to unleash a couple of new smartphones in that part of the world. At least, this is what we could gather from Richard Yu of Huawei who mentioned just as much on Sina Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter. Apart from the upcoming Huawei Ascend P2 that will most likely pick up the gong for being the thinnest smartphone in the world (at least for a moment), the other smartphone that would also fall under the “thinnest” category would be the Windows Phone 8-powered Huawei Ascend W2.
It seems that the Huawei Ascend W2 will accompany the Huawei Ascend W1 as part of their Windows Phone 8 line up, measuring a mere 7.7mm thin (allegedly). Other speculated hardware specifications include a 4.5-inch 720p HD ultra-sensitive touchscreen display that works even when you wear a pair of gloves, an 8-megapixel rear shooter, a dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal memory, and a 2,800 mAh battery.
Next Story: Kyocera Torque Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-17: Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon