The LG Optimus G, which we reviewed last year, seems to be doing pretty good in terms of sales. The South Korean conglomerate announced today that it has sold more than 1 million Optimus G smartphones worldwide since its launch in September last year. LG also announced that it sold a total number of 7 million smartphones worldwide in Q3 last year. That will also include the wide-looking Optimus Vu, which was weird at first because of its fat design.
LG’s smartphone sales have increased from its previous high of 6.2 million in 2011. Of the total, roughly 2.1 million were long-term evolution (LTE) smartphones, according to the company. LG is scheduled to announce its fourth-quarter earnings on January 30th. An LG spokesman also confirmed that the Optimus G will be launching in China and other European countries this quarter. The actual European countries were not named.
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2013-12-13: LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users [Update]
- 2013-10-02: LG Optimus G To Get Android 4.4 KitKat Update In October, According To LG France
- 2013-06-21: LG Holding Press Event On August 7; Next-Gen Optimus G Incoming?
- 2013-04-03: AT&T LG Optimus G Receives Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-03-07: Sprint LG Optimus G Receives Jelly Bean Update