If you have been pretty happy with your Microsoft Surface RT to date, but have one major gripe with it in the form of running into application update problems, fret not. The folks over at Microsoft do indeed listen to your woes and problems, and they are expected to roll out a fix sometime early next month for affected Windows RT devices, through the latest set of Patch Tuesday updates.
Apparently, the application update issues started to crop up after the most recent set of updates were applied earlier this month. Selected Surface RT users have reported that they were unable to gain access to the Windows Store or Windows Update after applying the January 8 Patch Tuesday updates, while others could go through the motion of applying the update, without completing it. Nice to know that Microsoft takes their updates seriously and hopefully from early February onwards when the next Patch Tuesday arrives, such issues would be a thing of the past.
Next Story: GROWtalks Montreal and Toronto - Feb 19th & 21st
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2013-09-20: Surface 2 Said To Have Same $500 Price As Surface RT
- 2013-08-26: Microsoft May Have Forced Ballmer's Retirement Due To Surface RT Debacle
- 2013-08-23: Giant “Piano” Made Up Of Surface RT Tablets
- 2013-08-13: Surface RT And Surface Pro Get Firmware Updates
- 2013-08-13: Investors Sue Microsoft Over Surface Performance