Right from the beginning, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 has already been a step ahead of its rival on the console front, the Sony PS3, where global sales numbers are concerned. Well, perhaps the tables have finally turned after half a dozen years thereabouts, as a new forecast report summarized by Games Industry International claimed that the Sony PS3 has finally overtaken the Xbox 360, taking the lead in units shipped at long last..
According to Games Industry International, a “market analysis” document by Lewis Ward of IDC (the International Data Corporation) called the Worldwide Video Game Entertainment Console Hardware and Packaged Software 2012-2016 Forecast showed a prediction of hardware as well as software sales over the coming quadrennium. As for December, 2012, it is said that “Sony’s PS3 managed to surpass the number of Xbox 360s shipped worldwide (about 77 million vs. 76 million), despite the PS3 launching a year later.”
Just which of the two consoles do you prefer to game on, assuming that you are a true blue console gamer at heart?
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-02-06: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Launches This April
- 2013-10-18: PS3 Dethrones Xbox 360 As Top Selling Console For September
- 2013-10-17: 50% More Gamers Prefer Xbox 360 For Online Gaming Than The PS3
- 2013-09-03: Rayman Legends Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita