Last week, we reported on a rumor Dell was in talks to become a private company as it was conducting buyout talks with a number of private-equity firms. It looks as though that rumor may become a reality as reports are coming in Microsoft may be in talks to invest in Dell.
According to CNBC sources familiar with the matter, Microsoft is in discussions to invest between $1 billion and $3 billion in mezzanine financing in hopes to make Dell a private company. Private equity firm Silver Lake Partners is reportedly attempting to finalize a bidding group and has opened discussions with potential equity partners.
Dell is currently taking a close look at the potential deal Microsoft has put on the table, and if it goes through, Microsoft will provide capital in the form of mezzanine. A deal is expected to take place by the end of this week.RELATED
- Telepathwords Can Tell How Flimsy Your Passcodes Are
- Windows 8.1 Preview License To Expire In January 2014
- Intel NUC Mini Desktop Computer
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Microsoft Launches Another Scroogled Campaign Against The Chromebook
- Follow: Dell, Microsoft,
- Seen at: cnbc