So you think you have a tidy sum sitting in your bank account for you to spend, but are not quite sure on what new device you should splurge on? Perhaps we might be able to persuade you with the introduction of the Samsung Chalkboard TV, an 85-inch behemoth that looks more like a chalkboard than a TV itself. In reality, this $38,000 monster is their latest flagship S9 UHD (Ultra HD) TV which is available for pre-order in South Korea at 40 million won, translating approximately to $38,000 as mentioned above.
Apparently, only 77 units of these are available for pre-order at the moment, but it would be nicer to round up the figure to 85 in order to have it correspond with the number of inches, no? It is also interesting to note that Samsung might even have plans to roll out a 110-inch version of the chalkboard TV, and what kind of prices are we looking at here? $50,000 would not be out of the park, really.
Next Story: Red Sony Xperia ZL Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-01-08: Samsung U9500 And U9B TVs Arriving In Second Half Of 2014
- 2013-12-19: Samsung 105-Inch Curved UHD TV Heads For CES 2014
- 2013-09-12: Samsung TVs Running On Tizen Could Arrive In 2014
- 2013-02-05: Samsung Reportedly Sells 3 TVs Every Second
- 2012-12-26: Samsung Teases Its New Smart TV Bound For CES 2013 In Video