For those of you who have managed to resist upgrading your smartphone to the Samsung Galaxy S3 from the Samsung Galaxy S2, here is some good news for you – in the month of February, you would be able to receive the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S2, now how about that? According to the folks over at CNet, a Samsung spokesperson claimed that those living in Singapore will receive this update early next month, and once that happens, other markets should not have to wait too long, really.
Of course, we are talking about a universal update for the Samsung Galaxy S2, as not only the i9100 will be on the receiving end, but also other versions of the Galaxy S2 as well, including those in the US such as AT&T’s i777 and T-Mobile’s T989. Well, with 40 million Samsung Galaxy S2’s roaming around the globe, this is going to be one popular update.
Next Story: Lady Gaga Chats Up Fans On Skype This Thursday
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2013-04-08: T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Gets Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-04-05: Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100P, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Start To Receive Android Jelly Bean
- 2013-02-07: Galaxy S2 In Korea Gets Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-01-23: Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Today
- 2012-12-18: Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Delayed