Customers at the Lincoln Park Apple Store in Chicago got an unexpected surprise yesterday evening. Eager Apple shoppers fearfully watched a dark-colored sedan drive through the Apple Store’s glass wall. Witnesses said that the sedan ran about five feet inside the store and stopped near the displayed accessories section. Wondering if it was a robbery, the police were surprised to find an elderly man inside the car.
Apparently, it was an accident, unlike what happened to an Apple Store in California last year, when 22-year old Equonne R. Howard, drove a BMW into the store to steal Apple merchandise. Yesterday’s accident left one person with some minor injuries. The unidentified person was brought to the Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital in “good condition.” As for the Apple Store, employees said that the damaged section will be temporarily closed, albeit only for a short period of time.
- 2014-01-09: Apple Opens 10th Retail Store In Mainland China Tomorrow
- 2013-12-23: Thieves Rob Apple Store In Berlin, Crash Car Into Front Door
- 2013-12-01: Apple Stores Feature Red Colored Logo For World AIDS Day
- 2013-11-24: Tim Cook Decides Against Opening Apple Retail Stores On Thanksgiving
- 2013-11-20: Apple Store App For iPad Revealed At Last