[CES 2013] Not to be outdone with Optrix’s XD5 iPhone case, Houston-based mobile accessories maker, Seidio, is introducing its own sturdy yet nifty case for Apple’s flagship iPhone in Las Vegas today. The company’s OBEX case offers unbeatable and extreme protection against everyday dust, water, snow, mud, and other liquids. Seidio says that its case has just passed the IP68 rating, which means that it is certified to be dust-resistant and water-proof. It has also passed the MIL-STD-810G U.S. Military standards test, which evaluates the case from 4-feet drops from a variety of angles.
OBEX uses a two-stage protection system to ensure that it is tightly sealed and safe. Its anti-reflection glass does not interfere with the iPhone 5′s lenses and the screen protector won’t leave behind marks. Also, the case does not impede radio signals or Bluetooth, just in case you are wondering. There’s also an optional locking holster combo. The OBEX retails for $79.95 while the OBEX Combo retails for $89.95.
Next Story: Panasonic Ultra HD Windows 8 Tablet
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-03-28: Gridcase Reactor Is An iPhone 5 Case Which Features A Hand Crank
- 2013-01-08: Optrix XD5 Rugged iPhone 5 Case Announced
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?
- 2011-09-20: iPhone 5 case points toward thinner, larger handset?
- 2011-09-02: Alleged iPhone 5 cases show up again