FCC, the agency that regulates most of the products that we cover here, is surely an interesting stop for cool gadgets. Today, a recent filing reveals what appears to be a smaller Apple TV in the works. As you can see in the photo above, the device has a model number A1469 and it has a slightly smaller measurement of 93.78mm – obviously smaller that the current Apple TV which measures around 98mm. We can go on, but the filing doesn’t seem to have much information except for the model number, the measurement, and Wi-Fi capabilities.
Interestingly, alongside the release of iOS 6.1 yesterday, Apple updated its Apple TVs as well, and an “AppleTV3,2″ model was also included. This led to the speculation that Apple is working on a new TV. MacRumors pointed out that Apple might be referring to a new Apple TV model with the code name J33I. If Apple is using the J33 code name for its third-generation Apple TV, could the “I” in the J33I signify an international version?
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-21 Apple TV Gets Three New Channels Today
- 2014-04-20 First Generation Apple TV Facing Issues When Connecting To iTunes
- 2014-04-10 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-08 New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings