[CES 2013] As the world was awaiting for Sony’s press conference at CES, we caught wind of a leak of Sony’s upcoming Xperia Z. Then, moments later, Sony took to the stage to announce some of its products we should expect to be available this year, and wouldn’t you know it, the Sony Xperia Z was one of them. Lucky us!
Sony’s new flagship Android smarpthone, the Xperia Z, has a 5-inch Full HD 1080p Reality Display, Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and 4G LTE. It also has NFC and can interact with other NFC-enabled Sony products to instantly sync with them to enjoy music, videos and photos on a number of compatible Sony products.
The main selling point for the Xperia Z is its Reality Display, which Sony is saying they’ve brought its TV manufacturing expertise to the smartphone market as it delivers an immersive viewing experience. Not only is its screen a main selling point, but Sony has made the Xperia Z extremely durable with tempered glass and anti-shatter film on the front and back of the device, as well as made it dust and water resistant, all in a 7.9mm thick body.
The Xperia Z will be released in Q1 2013 and will launch with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but Sony says it will be upgraded to Android 4.2 shortly after its launch.RELATED
- Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked
- Samsung Apparently Tried To Cover Up An Incident Of Galaxy S4 Catching Fire
- Motorola's Modular Phone Prototype "Pretty Close" To Being Ready
- Android Screen Mirroring To Chromecast Might Be Coming Soon
- Facebook Videos Will Now Autoplay On Mobile
- Follow: Android, CES, CES 2013, Sony, XPERIA Z,