We know there are many of you out there who would absolutely love to not be working right now and would much rather be out on an adventure, playing video games, or browsing the Internet from the comfort of your own home. But would you think to pay someone else to do your job at a fraction of what you get paid so you could goof off? That’s exactly what happened in this story Verizon helped uncover.
“Bob” was a developer at an infrastructure company who outsourced his work to Chinese workers, paying them “about fifty grand annually” while he collected a “several hundred thousand dollars a year” salary. Instead of doing his work, “Bob” was reportedly browsing Reddit, Facebook, LinkedIn and watching a number of cat-related videos.
“Bob” was caught accidentally by Verizon’s security team after they received a request to help understand some abnormal activity from the company “Bob” worked for. It turns out the activity was from Shenyang, China where Bob’s workers were using his credentials to access the network almost every day. It also didn’t help “Bob” that PDF invoices were found on his computer made out to the Chinese consulting firm in Shenyang. Either way, if you know someone in your office to be the “lazy one,” consider yourself lucky as at least they’re not as lazy as “Bob.”
Next Story: HTC M7 Render Seen
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon