Walmart Canada has chosen their Facebook page to be the platform of choice when it comes to announcing their readiness to accept pre-orders for the first BlackBerry 10 handset. Over on that page, Walmart could be seen promoting the Time Shift mode on the new BlackBerry 10 camera, where this mode will allow the camera to capture images of your subject milliseconds before and after you snap the shutter, so that you can pick out the best facial expression for your picture. Sounds like something found in dedicated digital cameras like the Nikon 1 series.
You will be able to place your reservation for one of these puppies for $50 a pop, and it is nice to see RIM being a Canadian-based company offer retailers in their own country the first attempt at letting customers place a pre-order for the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone, where we do hope to see RIM bounce back from the doldrums in this do-or-die mission. Hopefully those of us living Stateside will know more about BlackBerry 10 at its press event this January 30th.
- 2014-04-17: Walmart Launches A Money Transfer Service
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-03-18: Walmart Video Game Trade-In Puts GameStop At Risk
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-13: BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices