We already mentioned that the Wikimedia Foundation will be officially launching its travel site, WikiVoyage, today, the 15th of January. Well, just in time for 12th anniversary founding of Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation is announcing the launch of its free online travel guide today. Similar to its sister site, Wikivoyage is free to edit, free of ads, and built collaboratively by volunteers from across the world.
Published under a Creative Commons license, users are given the right to read, copy, print, save, download, modify, distribute, sell, and update its content, given that the terms of the free license are respected. Wikivoyage is currently available in nine languages including Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish. The Wikimedia Foundation says that WikiVoyage already has approximately 50,000 articles, which are edited and improved by a group of 200 volunteer editors. You can check out the newly-launched site here.
Next Story: Apple Petitioned To Remove NRA App
- 2014-02-21 Publisher Plans On Printing The Entire Wikipedia
- 2013-10-25 Wikipedia Pilots Articles Via SMS Service, Targets Africa
- 2013-10-22 Wikimedia Foundation To Crackdown On "Sockpuppeting" On Wikipedia
- 2013-05-29 Wikipedia Launches 'Nearby' For Mobile Website
- 2013-05-14 Real Time Map Reveals Articles Being Edited In Wikipedia