A 20 year-old woman stole a four-car train during the wee hours of the morning at a depot outside Stockholm. Unable to drive properly, she lost control of the train and drove it right straight into an apartment building occupied by three families. Luckily, no one inside the three-story building was harmed. On the other hand, the thief, who happens to work for a cleaning company, suffered serious injuries and had to be airlifted to the Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm.
The investigation shows that the woman drove the train for about a mile before it jumped off the tracks. The train careered for 30 yards before crashing into the apartment building. The 20 year-old woman is now facing charges for endangering the public. As for the reason why she did it, it’s anyone’s guess. “We have only heard good things about her. We’re investigating how this could happen, and why she did what she did,” says Tomas Hedenius, a spokesman for the multinational public transport company, Arriva.
Next Story: Facebook LIVE at 10am PT, 1/15
- 2013-12-13: Hammer In Hand Allows Straphangers To Break Windows With Ease
- 2013-06-09: L0 Train Being Tested In Japan
- 2013-01-15: Woman Steals Train, Loses Control, And Smashes It Into Apartment Building
- 2012-03-12: Startram might be future mass transit system for space travel
- 2012-03-12: Boss coffee can doubles up as train body
- 2011-12-28: China tests train that hit 500km/h