There are whispers going around that ZTE has plans for a new smartphone that will be released in Europe, and what sets apart this particular device is the operating system. No sir, the rumored ZTE smartphone will not jive to the tunes of Windows Phone 8 and neither will it bow down to the demands of Google’s Android, but rather, it is said to run on Mozilla as the operating system of choice. In other words, this will be the first Firefox OS-powered smartphone assuming all goes well in the talks with an unknown European carrier.
Cheng Lixin, Chief Executive Officer of ZTE USA, is the one behind this particular bit of news, and the success of such a smartphone would largely depend on demand and interest. Lixin said, “If that is ready and if consumer studies support that data, then we may launch one in U.S. also this year.” Just how will a Firefox OS smartphone end up in real life remains to be seen, but you cannot deny that our curiosity has been piqued.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: firefox, mozilla, zte,
- Seen at: bloomberg