Have you ever used Android runtime on the BlackBerry 10 platform, as well as on the BlackBerry PlayBook? Well, assuming you have answered in the affirmative, were there any gripes that you had concerning this app? Some folks have reported that being stuck on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread is a definite bore, and I would agree with them. Having said that, it left many users wondering whether BlackBerry would ever take the initiative to update the runtime environment in order to support newer versions of Android.
Good to know that over at BlackBerry Jam Europe, BlackBerry did announce that they will be performing the long awaited update the Android runtime environment, and we are looking at eventual support of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This would definitely bring a smile to the face of numerous developers who want nothing better than to port Android apps over, while end users would definitely prefer a far smoother experience overall when enjoying ported Android apps. Anyone given it a go yet, and how did you find it?
Next Story: Auto Mee S Toy Cleans Touchscreen Displays
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Renamed 'BlackBerry Classic'