The second-generation iPad Mini is expected to be released later this year with the addition of Apple’s Retina Display. No one knows when exactly Apple will unveil the next iPad Mini, but its rear shell may have recently been leaked online.
The possible leak comes to us from a Chinese forum thread called WeiPhone that shows the rear panel of the second-generation iPad Mini in a number of angles. The shell looks similar to the current iPad Mini’s, but judging by some of the angles, it looks as though the rear panel may be a tad thicker. The additional thickness could make sense when you consider the iPad Mini is expected to come with a Retina Display, although again, the added thickness could also be an optical illusion.
The back of this leaked iPad Mini shell also has a blue Apple logo in addition to the “iPad” words, although we believe the reason for this is due to the process most Apple devices go through in order to make their Apple logo and wording to become reflective.RELATED
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Apple Reportedly Turns To Samsung For iPad Mini Retina Display Production
- New iPad Mini Shortages Could Be Attributed To Sharp's Low Yield Of Displays [Rumor]
- Follow: Apple Inc, iPad, iPad mini,
- Seen at: macrumors