American Express announced today their partnership to allow American Express card members to make purchases by tweeting. “You can turn a hashtag into more than just a conversation–you can turn it into a trigger that actually can spark commerce,” says Joel Lunenfeld, VP global brand strategy at Twitter. It works like this: AmEx card members need to first sync their eligible cards with twitter. The card member can then use special #hashtags to make their purchase and wait for verification from Amex. Card members then need to tweet the verification in order to confirm their purchase and voila, their purchase is delivered to the registered billing address.
Specialized discounted items from American Express, Amazon, Sony, Urban Zen and Xbox will be put on sale within this week as quoted by the official press release of American Express. The complete catalog of products will be released on Wednesday. This marks a new trend in e-commerce and social media. Although Twitter and American Express have already joined hands to provide savings to its members as of march, but this is a completely new offer which promises benefits for both AmEx and Twitter. What needs to be seen is whether consumers catch on the trend of purchasing items using tweets. Would you?RELATED
- Huawei To Exit US Market Amidst Spy Allegations
- The Fanda: Crowdsourced Global Celebrity Stalking
- U.S. DoJ Signs Off On Microsoft's Acquisition Of Nokia's Devices And Services Division
- BlackBerry CEO Gives Enterprise Customers Some Assurances In Latest Open Letter
- Smart Content Center: A Government-Supported Incubator In Korea
- Follow: twitter,