Hmmm, it seems that the batteries in phones melting are starting to make a comeback in news feeds yet again, with the latest being a Samsung Galaxy Note reported to have “exploded” (and by saying so, we mean that the battery has some issues) in the pants pocket of a 55-year old man in South Korea, resulting in some second degree burns on his right thigh. The victim did file a report over at the Bupyeong Fire Station in Incheon, South Korea, and we do wonder whether Samsung will do anything about the situation, considering a recent story about an Apple iPhone’s battery melting.
When approached to comment on the situation, a Samsung spokesman had this to say, “Lithium ion batteries can catch fire due to external pressure or sudden changes in temperature, so we’re trying to understand what really happened.” Perhaps it is time to take a step back and remember that we should always purchase original parts and not save a few dollars here and there just because there is a far cheaper battery in the market.
Next Story: Get Smart Shoe Phone Makes A Comeback
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-02-17: Samsung's Next Generation S Pen Could Feature Microphone And Speaker
- 2013-10-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Mini Reportedly Being Tested In India
- 2013-09-26: Samsung Has Sold More Than 40 Million Galaxy Notes
- 2013-05-30: HTC T6 Phablet Specs Reportedly Leaked
- 2013-05-13: Apple Won't Release Large Phone Until Next Year [Analyst]