The Samsung Galaxy S4 has some impressive rumored specs as we’ve heard the device possibly featuring a 4.99″ Full HD AMOLED display, an S Pen and an 8-core Exynos 5 chip. In addition to rumors of its hardware, we’re hearing today Samsung may introduce some new ways to interact with the Galaxy S4 without directly touching it.
The rumor comes by way of Korea’s DDaily and is reporting Samsung is planning to add an Atmel chip into the Galaxy S4, making it possible to process hand gestures within a certain range of the device. The hand gestures would be used to issue commands to the Galaxy S4 without actually touching the device, making a spotless smartphone screen a possibility.
It’s also believed the gesture-based system may make it into future Samsung Galaxy devices, that is, if its Galaxy S4 buyers end up liking the feature. We don’t know about you, but being able to interact with your smartphone and continue eating buffalo wings without worrying about smearing the screen is a future we’ve been waiting years for.RELATED
- Windows Phone Takes 10% Of European Smartphone Market Share
- BenQ Enters The Smartphone Market Once Again
- Moto X Cyber Monday Deal Crashes Motorola's Website
- FunderCloud For iOS Improves Your Crowdfunding Experience
- Screenshot Of Pre-registration Page For New iPhones On China Mobile Surfaces
- Follow: Galaxy S4, Samsung,
- Seen at: phandroid