The probability of hearing news of a new Xbox this year are the highest they’ve ever been seeing how Microsoft has been teasing the countdown to its E3 press conference at the start of 2013. Until the next Xbox is revealed, we’re stuck with the Xbox 360 for a couple of months, which Microsoft took the time to highlight its overall sales.
The news comes from Microsoft’s director of programming for Xbox Live Larry Hryb who announced via Twitter the Xbox 360 has sold over 76 million units in its lifetime. The Xbox 360′s Kinect sensor also sold pretty well since its debut in 2010 as 24 million units have been sold. In addition to those sales numbers, Hryb also announced Xbox Live has 46 million paying customers, in other words, Gold Members.
At its current sales numbers, the Xbox 360 has become the fourth best-selling game console in history, behind the Nintendo Wii, Sony’s PlayStation and PlayStation 2, respectively. Considering the next Xbox has yet to be unveiled, the Xbox 360 could see some new life as an alternative to the next Xbox since it already has a large library of established titles, which will most likely receive a great discount after Microsoft’s next Xbox announcement.
Next Story: Raspberry Pi Aluminum Case, By Barch Designs
- 2014-04-23 Grid Autosport By Codemasters Coming This June
- 2014-04-14 Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11 Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07 GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06 Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2013-06-28 Doodle Jump For Kinect Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-04-29 Microsoft Kinect Hacked To Become A 'BoobTracker'
- 2011-09-08 Big Game Hunter: Hunting Party brings guns to the Xbox 360
- 2011-08-09 Fruit Ninja for Kinect now available on Xbox Live
- 2011-07-25 Avatar Kinect arriving on Xbox LIVE today