We all know people on Facebook who updates their status every few minutes, and at the other end of the spectrum there are people who rarely, if ever, update their status. This is a matter of preference as some people don’t see the need to tell the whole world what they had for lunch. However Facebook might not see it that way and it seems that Facebook could soon start sending you notifications to remind you to update your status.
This (annoying) feature was discovered by Bijan Sabet, a general partner at Spark Capital who tweeted the screenshot of the notification in action. Of course since screenshots can be doctored, the good folks at Mashable reached out to Facebook to confirm this upcoming feature, and unfortunately for most of us, it turned out to be true. Facebook confirmed that this feature is part of a small test that they are running. Hopefully this is only a test and not a feature that they have already put into action, but we guess we will just have to wait and see how it plays out. In the meantime how do you guys feel about this? Annoying or useful?
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-08: Facebook On iPhone Could Be Responsible For Huge Battery Drain
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2014-03-25: Facebook Announces 1 Billion Monthly Active Mobile Users
- 2014-03-10: Facebook Messenger For Windows Phone Is Topping The Charts