Back in the summer of 2011, Google announced it would acquire Motorola Mobility for $12B. One year and a half later, Google plans to cut over 10% of Motorola’s workforce, essentially cutting 1,200 jobs.
This isn’t the first time Google decided to cut jobs at its acquired Motorola Mobility as a few months after its acquisition, Google already cut jobs at the company. The outcome of this round of job cuts is in order to reduce Motorola’s workforce to fewer than 10,000.
The Wall Street Journal received an email from a Motorola staff member in regards to the company’s recent job cuts, which Google is saying “while we’re very optimistic about the new products in our pipeline, we still face challenges. Our costs are too high, we’re operating in markets where we’re not competitive and we’re losing money.”
Google and Motorola’s rumored “X Phone” was discovered this past December and may be one of the devices the company is “very optimistic” about. Hopefully we’ll hear more about this X Phone before more jobs are cut at Motorola.RELATED
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- Follow: Google, Motorola, motorola mobility,