So, they say that there is an app for everything, and I would think that such a description is getting more and more apt each day, as new apps as well as accessories are released. Case in point, this unique medical implant, touted to be the smallest in the world by scientists over at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne in Switzerland, where it measures a mere 14mm and is said to be able to keep track of your blood’s quality including proteins, glucose levels, lactate and ATP, whether you are full on exercising all your glutes, or being at rest peacefully.
How does this implant work to communicate with your smartphone? The answer is pretty simple, it uses Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to check out your own blood’s status on your smartphone in real time. The battery patch itself is said to deliver up to 100 milliwatts of power via inductive charging through the skin, and this implant will hopefully assist in catching potential heart attacks so that preventive measures can be taken. I wonder what would happen if the Cullens wore one of these…
- 2014-03-28: Brain Implant Could Help Folks Walk Again
- 2014-03-16: Color Blind Artist 'Hears' What He Sees
- 2014-03-07: Button Press Delivers Instant Orgasm
- 2014-03-07: Boy Hears For First Time Thanks To Brain Implant
- 2014-02-10: Cochlear Implants Does Away With Exterior Hardware