We’re still quite some time away from Google I/O, a conference where the company announces its major software updates. Among the announcements expected this year, Android 5.0 is definitely at the top. We just might see the company announce Google Play version 4.0 as well, given how no substantial updates have been rolled for it out since July 2011. A new leak previews what the next Google Play might be, there definitely are some interesting images to look at.
We can see in this preview that the entire UI has been overhauled, and it looks quite good. The separate pages for movies, apps and more now have bigger images, and the design is sleek. The layout of these pages is almost the same as before, but all of it is a lot sleek now. Its cleaner than before and certainly more minimal. The Holo theme has been applied generously overall. Text is being used as a means for separation, which is followed by superb images. It can not be said for sure exactly when Google Play version 4.0 will be rolled out for Android users. The release can even take place before I/O, but I’ve an inkling that it won’t. Your thoughts about the updated UI of Google Play?
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2013-05-16: Android 4.3 Release Expected In The 'Coming Months'
- 2013-05-15: Google Maps Completely Redesigned With Earth And Street View Integration
- 2013-05-15: Google's Conversational Search Blows Apple's Siri Away
- 2013-05-15: Google Maps For Android And iOS Get New Navigation UI
- 2013-05-01: Google I/O 2013 Schedule Finally Revealed