According to a recent report by iMore’s Rene Ritchie, it looks like we might be able to expect Apple to announce new iPads in April, and the iPhone 5S in August. Considering that Apple tends to release iPhones on a yearly cycle, the iPhone 5S release is more or less expected, and iMore reports that it will come with a better camera and a faster chip. Once again this seems to be the case with most Apple iPhone updates (iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S) so it wouldn’t be a complete shocker if this turned out to be true.
The report of a new iPad in April on the other hand seems a little odd. Prior to the iPad 4, Apple released new iPads on an annual basis as well but they broke that trend in 2012 when they announced the iPad mini and iPad 4 about half a year after the iPad 3 was announced. Assuming Apple is doing this on a semiannual basis now, it will more than likely tick off iPad 4 owners who are only able to enjoy their tablets for less than a year before its successor is announced. Of course since there has not been any announcement by Apple yet, we will be taking this with a grain of salt for now.
However for those who have been following the rumors, the next-gen iPad is expected to adopt a design similar to the iPad mini which has a slimmer profile than its larger sibling, and a new design which adopts the aluminum backing much like the iPhone 5.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2013-10-09: iPad 5 Space Gray Casing High Quality Pictures
- 2013-08-28: Apple Reportedly Launching New iPads As Well On September 10th