When Samsung announced the Galaxy S4, they revealed that it should be arriving towards the end of April, however pricing of the device was yet to be determined, or at least shared by Samsung. Considering that the device would be priced differently depending on region and carrier, we guess that’s one of the reasons Samsung did not share that particular detail. However it has been spotted on the terms and conditions page of Samsung’s website for the giveaway of the Samsung Galaxy S4, that in the small print it reads that the “approximate retail value” of the Galaxy S4 is at $579.
Assuming that this is the case, even after tax the Galaxy S4 would be cheaper than Apple’s iPhone 5 which is priced at $649 SIM-free. This price is also a SIM-free price, meaning that you will not be tied to any particular carrier and you can switch to any carrier as you please. Granted it is a good deal more than what you would pay on contract, but we guess some customers prefer the freedom and flexibility. In any case since Samsung did not announce any official pricing just yet, we wouldn’t place too much emphasis on this price for now.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before