While the Samsung Galaxy S4 will not arrive out of the box with wireless charging capability, those who want to take advantage of what could very well be the future of smartphones and other mobile devices can do so by changing the back plate of said handset, and throwing in wireless charging capability so that it will be able to play nice with a wireless charging pad in a jiffy. What you see above are actually leaked images of the charging back cover as well as wireless charging dock, although to date no exact price or rollout timetable has been confirmed.
The images shown arrive fresh out of China, and of course, the charging pad itself will need to be hooked up to a power outlet directly, otherwise how else is it suppose to draw its juice from? While the Samsung Galaxy S4 sports a whopping 2600mAh of power right out of the box, making it one of the largest capacity smartphones at the moment, this does not mean it should be excluded from the wonders of wireless charging, right?
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before