Back in February earlier this year, it was rumored that a Samsung feature called the Samsung Orb could be announced for the Galaxy S4. For those who don’t know what the Samsung Orb is, it is a rumored feature that is supposed to be Samsung’s answer to Photosphere, a camera tool that allows for taking 360 degree panoramic photos. However when the Galaxy S4 was announced, there was no mention of said feature, leading us to believe that perhaps the Samsung Orb was just a mere rumor and nothing more.
However according to SamMobile, they are claiming that the Orb camera feature will arrive for the Galaxy S4, although it is expected to be included in the Android 5.0 update. If that is the case and if previous manufacturer updates are anything to go by, Samsung users could be in for a wait. In any case we’ll take this with a grain of salt for now, but since the Orb feature feels more like a novelty if anything, we don’t think many of you guys will miss it that much, right?
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before