Just before you think that Apple is going to be the company that rolls out the first ever smartwatch in the market in the form of the alleged iWatch, do remember that Sony, the consumer electronics giant from Japan, already has their very own Sony SmartWatch. Well, what good is hardware if there is no decent software supporting it, and to further expound on such a question, good hardware can have a longer shelf life with constant updated software, which is where today’s story about the Sony SmartWatch is headed.
It seems that Sony’s latest SmartWatch update will enable stuff like notification previews, new watch faces and a better search experience on your wrist, where all three are extremely valid and excellent results that warrant and update if you so happen to be a Sony SmartWatch owner. I guess with impending competitors to the smartwatch scene, Sony does not want to take any chances, and hence has decided to issue this particular app update which will augment the Android-powered timepiece’s functionality. The update is currently live on Google Play if you are interested.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25 Sony Steers Clear Of Android Wear
- 2014-03-24 Vueling Boarding Passes On Sony Smartwatch
- 2014-02-04 Sony SmartWatch 2 FIFA And Silver Metal Editions Are In The Pipeline
- 2013-12-26 Sony Expected To Release New Smartwatch In Early 2014
- 2013-10-15 Sony SmartWatch 2 Promises Up To 96 Hours Of Action On A Full Charge