It looks like Google Glass is not going to live out a charmed existence, especially when you consider how it will be facing competition from the likes of LG as we have heard before, and now it seems as though Sony too, wants to get in on the game. Sony has recently revealed that they are also working on a somewhat similar idea, where a patent that is known as the head-mounted display apparatus with patent number 20130069850 was recently spotted, and will continue from where the patent filed by the company in 2008 and 2009 left off.
Described as “A head-mounted display apparatus includes an image display device, a wearing device with which the image display device is worn on a head of an observer, and an attachment member with which the image display device is attached to the wearing device. The attachment member is capable of adjusting a position of the image display device relative to the wearing device independently in a first direction and in a second direction, the first direction being defined by a virtual line connecting centers of eyes of the observer, the second direction being perpendicular to the first direction and extending vertically with respect to the observer.”
Is it as different as an apple and an orange? Sure, they are similar in some way as to their functions, but Sony’s version will also enable users to view information on both eyes instead of just one. Surely wearing this while driving would not be acceptable, no?
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-01-03 Sony Patent Describes Method Of Revitalizing Classic PS Games Through Streaming
- 2013-08-08 Sony Patent Hints At Plans For More Transparent Camera Designs
- 2013-02-14 Sony EyePad Patent Filed
- 2013-01-03 Sony Patent Suggests Next PlayStation Could Stop Used Games From Being Played [Rumor]