Sony Mobile seems to be putting in the extra hours so that they are able to roll out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update that has been a long awaited update for plenty of owners of Sony Xperia smartphones which were released last year. The Sony Xperia P, also known by its model number LT22i, is said to be updated sometime at the end of this month according to the official release schedule, which means there are a few more days left to go. Hence, it is not surprising to see at least one leaked screenshot of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Sony Xperia P hit the Internet rumor mills, and here we are presenting it to interested readers on the right.
The screenshot depicts the Sony Xperia P running on the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware with build number 6.2.X.X.XXX, which is not out of line from what we expect. As for the kernel, it seems to remain stuck at version 3.0.8, instead of being bumped up to version 3.4 as seen on more recently released smartphones.
Next Story: Apple Patent Looks At Wrap-Around AMOLED Display
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-10-15: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Receives Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update
- 2013-10-09: Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia SP, To Receive Android Updates (Rumor)
- 2013-06-20: Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.2.2 Update Seeding
- 2013-06-04: Sony Xperia S Gets New Jelly Bean Firmware