Remember we reported yesterday that the Samsung Galaxy S4 might not be seeing the CyanogenMod custom ROM? For those who don’t bother rooting or flashing custom ROMs, this isn’t a big deal, but for some this is a deal breaker. However it turns out that might not entirely be the case. The announcement was actually made by members of Team Hacksung, a collaborator for the CyanogenMod. Since that news has made headlines, the folks from CyanogenMod themselves have decided to step forward and clear any misunderstandings regarding that statement.
This morning, a comment from a CM collaborator on XDA was taken to be as an ‘absolute’ in regards to support of the S4. He offered the opinion of four TeamHacksung maintainers, their frustrations and lack of interest in supporting the S4. What’s seemingly lost on those reading this is that his comments as an individual do not speak for CyanogenMod as an organization.
As for the team’s stance on the S4, there isn’t one at this time, and most definitely won’t be one before the device is sold at retail.
So what does this mean for potential Samsung Galaxy S4 owners? Does this mean that there will be a CyanogenMod ROM for the Galaxy S4? Or is the CyanogenMod team simply playing it diplomatically and are still assessing the situation? It’s hard to tell so we guess would-be Galaxy S4 owners will have to make their decision as to whether to buy the device based on the device’s own merits, instead of possible customizability through ROMs.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2013-05-05: Galaxy S4 Cyanogenmod First Nightly Builds Released
- 2013-03-19: No CyanogenMod Support For Samsung Galaxy S4