TellTale Games’ The Walking Dead game, which is not to be confused with Activision’s cringe-worthy The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, has made an absolute killing as TellTale announced earlier this year they sold a total of 8.5 million episodes since its April debut. The game has been made available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Mac and even iOS, and it’ll soon be making its way to another game platform that doesn’t rhyme with “Bintendo Pee Boo.”
Sony confirms The Walking Dead will be making its way to the PlayStation Vita sometime later this year, although it’s unknown at this time if each episode of the game will be made available separately or if it will be available as a bundled product when it launches.
PlayStation director of product planning and platform software innovation Don Mesa praises TellTale Games’ support of the PlayStation Vita. “Having [a studio] like Telltale, a very successful indie developer, coming in to support us sends a strong message.” Considering The Walking Dead has yet to make itself available on any Nintendo platform, we couldn’t agree with Mesa any more.
Next Story: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Coming To iOS This Summer
- 2014-02-17: PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08: DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-09-09: Sony Publishes Promotional Video Highlighting New PS Vita, PlayStation Vita TV
- 2013-09-09: PlayStation Vita TV Won't Run All Vita Games
- 2013-05-28: Rayman Legends Headed To PS Vita In September [Update]
- 2013-05-16: iOS Game Spending Outpaces Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita In Q1 2013