We’re sure Star Trek fans love the fact that the characters in the show can simply touch their Starfleet badge to communicate with other members of the ship. If you’re looking for a similar experience, then perhaps this Indiegogo project called the CommBadge might be worth taking a look at. In fact its creators have likened its capabilities to that of the Starfleet badge, although in this case instead of communicating with your crew on a space ship, you will instead be interacting with either Siri (for iOS users) or Google Now (for Android users).
The CommBadge can be attached to the collar of your shirt and it allows for activation with Siri or Google Now, while at the same time doubling up as an ears and hands-free device. If you feel weird about your conversations in public being blasted out to everyone around you, fret not. According to its creators, the sound has been designed to only project up to a foot away, max, which means that chances of people overhearing your conversation is somewhat limited. It also has a Wireless Tether feature that reminds you when you’ve forgotten your phone when you walk away, amongst other features such as notifications of incoming calls, text, calendar events and so on.
It’s price at $80 for the standard CommBadge, so if you’d like to learn more, head on over to its Indiegogo page for the details.
- 2014-04-04: The Body Dryer Wants To Do Away With The Need For Towels
- 2014-03-24: iHear Is A Hearing Aid That Can Be Calibrated Over The Internet
- 2014-03-07: Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- 2014-03-04: Lifesaver iPhone Case Will Attempt To Save Your Life
- 2014-02-21: Publisher Plans On Printing The Entire Wikipedia