If you’re trying to keep track of your health, weight can be used as one indicator, whether you’re trying to shed a few pounds or put on a few pounds. There are many weighing scales in the market today, some dumb ones, some smart ones, and then there’s the BBalance, a unique scale that also doubles up as a bathroom mat.
If you’re wondering why this sounds familiar, it’s because the BBalance actually made its debut by Baracoda as the Mateo Smart Bathroom Mat back in 2020 where it was a prototype and was a CES 2020 Innovation Awards Honoree, so BBalance will be the final product that will be available to the public for purchase.
Like we said, the BBalance is a bathroom mat that can also double up as a scale where the information on it can then be sent and viewed on your phone, making it easier for you to track your weight. Not only can it track your weight, but it can also tell you a bit about your balance and posture.
It also comes with various exercise tips and videos that can help you improve your balance and posture if it’s a bit off. It’s an interesting piece of tech and it’s pretty cool because it’s not disruptive to your daily routine. You can place the mat in front of your sink so that you can measure yourself while you brush your teeth and get ready in the morning.
The BBalance is currently on Indiegogo trying to raise funds, which it has since surpassed, so if you’re keen to support it, head on over for the details.
From the official Press Release here is the list of features that BBalance claims to have:
- Effortless measurements thanks to its integration into users’ bath mats by camouflaging its appearance to dissipate the awkwardness that’s inherent in conventional scales. Users are no longer compelled to make an effort to weigh themselves, they simply need to step onto their bath mat as they get out of the shower or whIle they brush their teeth. Measurements are taken seamlessly and sent directly to the application.
- A dedicated app: since BBalance doesn’t have a screen, users can check their data directly on the app. To reduce the stress that comes with weighing ourselves, BBalance proposes a data-intensive viewing mode, or a simplified view that translates data into global trends interwoven with relevant advice. Users are only alerted in case of issues, risks or abnormalities.
- Advanced posture analysis to predict back pain and for early detection of scoliosis in teens.
- Balance evaluation to guide people in rehabilitating or improving their balance, allowing older or physically-compromised people to avoid falling.
- Weight calibration adapted with regards to users’ positions on their bath mats, accounting for the imprecisions that are inherent in conventional scales, ensuring that measured weight doesn’t vary based on user movements.
- An automatic recognition system via artificial intelligence, which identifies users based on their footprints. This system automatically associates data with relevant family members, personalizing the experience to each member of a household.
- Daily, personalized exercises that improve health pertaining to various axes: posture perfection, muscle building, balance improvement, or relaxation exercises that easily integrate into users’ morning and evening routines.
- The supervision of children’s growth/ development (weight, posture, foot size)
- Body composition measurements, with a presentation of muscle mass, fat mass, water mass and bone mass.