The Volkswagen E-Up was nothing but a concept just four years ago, and now the German car company has decided to have it “grow up” and enter production, where the small electric vehicle is touted to be launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show later this fall. Of course, since much time has passed between now and back then, the Volkswagen E-Up would not be exactly the same as before, as it sports proper seating for four adults, and an 18.7kWh lithium-ion battery pack and a 60kW electric motor will drive this four-wheeler.
You will be able to eke out around 150km (93 miles) from this bad boy, and do not expect to win any kind of drag races at the red light, considering how it hits 62mph from a stop within 14 seconds, and has a top speed of 84mph. On the other hand, you should not have an issue with the Volkswagen E-Up in your garage since it takes just 30 minutes of charging via DC to reach 80% of its battery capacity thanks to quick charging capability, and will also be compatible with traditional AC circuits courtesy of a Combined Charging System.
Next Story: AT&T Sony Xperia ZL Arrives At The FCC
- 2014-03-18: Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2014-02-27: ZelectricBug Is A 1963 Beetle That Runs On EV Power
- 2014-02-21: Volkswagen Golf GTE Plug In Hybrid Revealed
- 2013-12-05: Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- 2013-11-06: Volkswagen Beetle Fitted With A Japanese Bathtub In Its Backseat
- 2013-10-01: Volkswagen Demonstrates MARTA AR App To Help With Repairs
- 2013-09-11: Volkswagen e-Golf Announced