Only a couple of days we reported that Sony had started taking Xperia Tablet Z preorders. It is going to be released in April, the company has promised that shipping will begin between 12-15. The Wi-Fi model offers 16GB and 32GB storage options. A 16GB LTE version has been mentioned as well, but no details about its pricing or availability have been revealed up till now.
However before the device can go on sale, it does need FCC approval. Sony has applied for the FCC’s approval, though its just the Wi-Fi model of Xperia Tablet Z at this point in time. This tells us two things. The Wi-Fi version of Sony’s upcoming Android powered tablet will be released very soon, whereas it could take longer for the LTE version to come out. The 16GB and 32GB Xperia Tablet Z models are priced at £399 and £449 respectively. Sony will be releasing its tablet in a market where competition is quite high. There’s competition not only from other Android manufacturers, but a threat from iPad as well. Do you see Sony’s new tablet making a dent in the market?
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2013-05-20: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Released Globally Starting From $499
- 2013-05-17: Sony XPERIA Z Tablet With Stock Android And Unlocked, For Development
- 2011-12-13: Sony Z-1000 Walkman hits the FCC
- 2010-05-11: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Visits The FCC