It’s completely undeniable the go-to video streaming service to watch cat videos, people making fools of themselves and Russian dash cam footage is YouTube. It seems everyone around the world visits the site on a regular basis, and today, YouTube is announcing it has reached a remarkable milestone of serving one billion monthly users.
Now – that number isn’t just a couple of million people going to YouTube on a regular basis. The one billion monthly users are completely unique visits, meaning on a monthly basis, there are one billion people viewing a YouTube video.
YouTube runs down what that translates to, which we also found to be some amazing statistics:
- Nearly one out of every two people on the Internet visits YouTube.
- Our monthly viewership is the equivalent of roughly ten Super Bowl audiences.
- If YouTube were a country, we’d be the third largest in the world after China and India.
- PSY and Madonna would have to repeat their Madison Square Garden performance in front of a packed house 200,000 more times. That’s a lot of Gangnam Style!
It seems nowadays it’s nearly impossible to go anywhere without being met with a YouTube video. They’re shared across social media networks, on blogs and even passed around the dinner table on mobile devices. And one billion unique people being served a month is a truly remarkable feat.RELATED
- Pharrell Launches 24-Hour Interactive Music Video For 'Happy'
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- YouTube Commenters Invade Conan To Yell Random Things At Him
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Google Street View Takes Us Through The Canals, Streets Of Venice, Italy
- Follow: Google, YouTube,
- Seen at: youtube-global.blogspot.ca