Zombieland the movie was released back in 2009. It is safe to say that the movie was a hit. Its fans will no doubt be happy to hear that a Zombieland TV series may come to life on Amazon Prime, provided that enough viewers like the pilot to warrant the production of an entire TV series. The service is moving in to production of original content, much like its rivals Hulu and Netflix. Amazon Studios will be producing 13 pilots, seven comedy and six for children, and it will ultimately be up to Amazon Prime viewers to decide which of these pilots will bite the dust.
Amazon has not given a release date for these pilots, only adds that they will be coming soon. Along with Zombieland, the six comedy pilots include Alpha House, Browsers, Dark Minions, Onion News Empire, Supanatural and Those Who Can’t. The six pilots aimed for children are The Untitled J.J. Johnson Project, Creative Galaxy, Teeny Tiny Dogs, Oz Adventures, Tumbleaf and Sara Solves It. Amazon believes that adding original content will make Prime more enticing for users, can’t say I don’t agree with them on that.
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-03: Hulu Plus On Amazon Fire TV
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-03-13: Video Streaming Services Now Part Of CPI Basket Of Goods In The UK
- 2013-04-21: Amazon Studios Starts Free Streaming Of 14 Original Series Pilots