Another day, another tablet. Hmmm, is it me, or does the mobile device category in the consumer electronics seem to take a medical slant with the word “tablet’ being used? Well, the iPad mini might have wowed a certain segment of the market, but frankly, it would have been better if the iPad mini came with higher end specifications right from the get go, but that has not stopped the tablet from doing relatively well in the market. Well, the Acer Iconia A1-810 might prove to be quite the iPad mini competitor, considering how it will arrive with a 7.9” IPS display complete with 1024 x 768 resolution, which is similar in nature to the existing iPad mini. Of course, this does not do away with the very real possibility of the iPad mini being revamped very, very soon with a higher resolution display.
Other facts on the Acer Iconia A1-810 include Android 4.2 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice, a quad-core 1.2GHz MediaTek MT8125 processor, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, GPS support, an HDMI port, a VGA front-facing camera with a 5-megapixel shooter at the back, 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal memory, and a microSD memory card support. The tablet itself tips the scales at 460 grams, where it will also be accompanied by a 3,250 mAh battery.
- 2014-04-24 Acer Iconia B1-730 HD Could Arrive Soon
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2013-05-06 Acer Confirms 10-Inch Iconia A3 Tablet Will Debut This Summer
- 2012-07-27 Acer confirms Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for select Iconia tablets?
- 2012-04-18 Acer A100 and A500 to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich this April 27