We reported yesterday that according to the rumor, the production of the fifth gen iPad is expected to begin in July/August, thus contradicting earlier rumors of a possible April launch of the tablet. In any case the folks at Nowhereelse.fr have managed to get their hands on a couple of photos of what looks like the bezel of the fifth gen iPad, and as you can see, the bezel of this alleged front panel is noticeably narrower than the current iPad. Previous rumors have suggested that the fifth gen iPad could be taking some design cues from the iPad mini, namely its color scheme and thinness, but we guess that a narrower bezel is possible as well.
With the iPad mini, Apple has designed it so that users are still able to hold the tablet normally, but programmed iOS so that it will be able to recognize which gestures are intended, and which are merely a result from holding the tablet close to its display. Presumably if the iPad 5 adopts this design, the same feature should be carried across as well. Take this with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think?
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]