Back in February earlier this year, the ASUS FonePad was announced and we even managed to do a hands-on preview of the device. If you like what you saw and you don’t agree with the naysayers that the device is a bit ridiculous in terms of its size as a phone, you might be interested to learn that ASUS has announced that the FonePad will be available for pre-order on the 12th of April, and will see a release on the 26th. According to the release dates and the locations from which you can order the device, this seems to be limited to UK retailers, such as Carphone Warhouse, Amazon UK and Sainsbury’s and will cost £179.99 for the 16GB version.
However we can only assume that with its UK release coming up that a US release should follow shortly, if not at the same time. For those who might have forgotten, here’s what you can expect to get for your money. The ASUS FonePad will feature a 7” 1280×800 display with a 1.2GHz Intel Atom Z2420 processor under the hood. It will be accompanied by 16GB of storage, microSD and micro SIM slots, a 1.2MP front-camera, a 4,270mAh battery and will run Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, although it seems that ASUS is planning to roll out Android 4.2 Jelly Bean as soon as possible.
- 2014-04-23 AT&T Teases ASUS PadFone X In New Video
- 2014-04-10 ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27 AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24 ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2013-09-04 Asus Fonepad Note 6 Gets Refreshed Specifications
- 2013-09-03 ASUS Unveils New Fonepad 7 With Improved CPU, Front-Facing Speakers
- 2013-08-15 New ASUS FonePad, MeMo Pads Specs Leaked
- 2013-08-09 ASUS Creating New PadFones, FonePads and MemoFone HD 5
- 2013-06-14 ASUS Fonepad Review