We caught a glimpse of the Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock at CES 2012, and since then, the company has run the product through a redesign to make it appear a lot slimmer while also adding USB 3.0 ports to it. After much waiting, it looks like Belkin is finally ready to set its Thunderbolt Express Dock into the world as it’s now available to purchase.
As you probably already know, the Thunderbolt Express Dock comes with dual Thunderbolt ports with support of up to five Thunderbolt-supported devices, FireWire 800, Ethernet, a 3.5mm audio input and output and three USB 3.0 ports. Unfortunately, the eSATA and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter didn’t make it into the final product, although seeing how its now priced at $299.99 instead of its original price of $399.99, we’re sure many of you could certainly overlook those omissions.
Those who have been waiting for the day to pick up Belkin’s Thunderbolt Express Dock can do so by visiting their website and throwing money at the screen. The rest of you who would prefer to buy it at your retailer of choice can do so in the end of May, which is when it’s expected to start rolling out.
- 2014-03-28: WD's My Passport Pro Is A Portable Thunderbolt Hard Drive
- 2014-01-07: IOGEAR USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station Makes Its Mark
- 2014-01-05: Belkin Crock-Pot Smart Slow Cooker Announced
- 2013-11-25: 4K Thunderbolt Displays Reportedly In The Works
- 2013-06-04: Intel Thunderbolt 2 To Succeed The Thunderbolt
- 2013-04-30: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock Now Available For $299
- 2013-04-08: Apple To Reveal New Mac Pro Revamp This Month
- 2012-01-10: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock
- 2011-09-15: Belkin Tablet Kitchen Accessories