Earlier this week we reported that BlackBerry 10.1 OS update had been leaked. The features that this update will be bringing have been detailed today by an official source, and hopefully they’ll be present in the public release. As of now it is expected that BlackBerry will roll out OS 10.1 update by the end of this month or in the first week of May. It is also expected that the Q10 will ship with version 10.1 installed, whereas the Z10 will receive it over-the-air.
Major changes will be made to the camera functionality, which will be sped up considerably. Support for HDR photos will also be added. It is also rumored that the update will allow the latest BlackBerry smartphones to open an active connection between a PC and the device, this would make it easier to access files on the computer. Other expected features include BlackBerry Mobile Voice System Support, BlackBerry Balance, Type N Go, Cross Domain Email Warnings, Dark Theme Support, Out-of-Box-Experience, Smartcard Support, Mnemonic Phone Dialing, Word Prediction and Keyboard Shortcuts. The update will also bring the ability to send PIN messages directly from BlackBerry Hub.
- 2014-04-24 Windows Phone Overtakes BlackBerry In The US [Report]
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2013-08-30 BlackBerry Q10 Now Available From Sprint
- 2013-08-29 BlackBerry Q10 Sales Performing Poorly [Report]
- 2013-06-18 AT&T BlackBerry Q10 Release Date Is June 21
- 2013-06-18 BlackBerry Q10 Review
- 2013-06-18 'Critical' Security Warning Issued For BlackBerry Z10