Word has it that Blackberry 10 is expected to eventually make its way onto the Blackberry Playbook tablet, but with tablets being extremely popular devices, with some even calling them PC replacements, will Blackberry be content with just the Playbook? According to a tweet by investor Antonio Costa, it seems that Blackberry might have other tablets in the works and that Blackberry’s CEO, Thorsten Heins, could be giving us some details about them come 15th of May during the Blackberry Live event.
We guess it wouldn’t be a shocker if Blackberry had plans for additional tablets. After all the hardware of the Playbook can be considered dated, especially when compared to more modern tablets such as the Google Nexus 7, Amazon Kindle Fire HD and of course Apple’s range of iPads. We’re not sure what Heins will reveal, if he does at all, but if you’re curious to see what sort of future tablet devices Blackberry might have planned for the future, check back with us on the 15th of May for the details.
Next Story: Nokia Announces Event On 9th Of May In India
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2013-11-07: BlackBerry PlayBook 2 Rumors Start Circulating
- 2013-06-28: BlackBerry 10 Will Not Be Headed To The PlayBook After All
- 2012-03-09: BlackBerry PlayBook used to control robotic car
- 2012-03-08: BlackBerry smartphone used as PlayBook gamepad
- 2012-02-09: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 3.0 being tested?