With the recent release of the BlackBerry Z10 in the U.S., the only other BlackBerry 10 device that is waiting to be released is the BlackBerry Q10. If you’ve been holding out for BlackBerry’s first physical-keyboard equipped BlackBerry 10 device, you might have had to do your shopping in the U.K. as that’s where we spotted the BlackBerry Q10 was available for pre-order. But if you would rather spend your hard-earned money in North America, it looks like you’ll be able to pick up the Q10 from Canada.
The BlackBerry Q10 will be available on Rogers, which is Canada’s largest mobile carrier, for C$199.99 (or $197 USD) when customers sign up for a three-year contract. There’s no word as to when the Q10 will be available for sale in Canada, but Rogers said it would be arriving in the “coming weeks.”
The BlackBerry Z10 followed a similar route when it was starting to be made available around the world, which you should know didn’t officially release in the U.S. two months after its U.K. debut. Considering the Q10 is expected to release in the U.K. at the end of April, then if the phone really does follow the same route, we should expect a U.S. release in late June.
Next Story: Pandora Reaches 200 Million User Milestone
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-03-04: BlackBerry Suffers Network Outage In Some Countries
- 2013-10-10: Rogers Decides To Sell The BlackBerry Z30 After All
- 2013-04-23: BlackBerry Q10 Releasing In Canada On May 1 For $199
- 2011-08-10: New BlackBerry release dates confirmed by Rogers
- 2010-04-22: BlackBerry Pearl 9100 Leaked In Rogers And Bell Inventory Screenshots